Perfect Colours is now an authorized Océ Colorado dealer
The wait is over and we can share the news! Perfect Colours is pleased to announce that it’s now an authorized Océ Colorado dealer and we’ve just taken delivery of an Océ Colorado 1640 at our Innovation Centre in Sheffield. Why’s this so exciting? The Colorado 1640 is the first ever large format printer to feature Canon’s revolutionary UVgel technology – and it delivers unprecedented roll-to-roll productivity of exceptional quality.
Discover a new printing technology
With the development of this unique UVgel printing process, Canon has smashed the barriers that have previously limited the productivity, quality, versatility and cost effectiveness of the roll-to-roll production process. This incredible innovation converts liquid ink into gel droplets the moment it lands on the media. The process allows the printer to deposit more ink in fewer passes – radically speeding up printing speeds. The result is images with smooth, uniform surfaces that are instantly dry and odourless, ready for immediate finishing, and easier to laminate.
High speed, low maintenance
There’s no drama when you print with a Colorado 1640 – just the reassurance of printing the fastest in its class, with automated daily maintenance routines to ensure that production is uninterrupted. This advanced device is equipped with automation technology that makes it twice as fast as any printer in its class – with a top speed of 159 m2/hr. It also has the ability to cut through thicker media, meaning you’ll be able to print a wider range of applications with ease. If you have tight turnarounds on high volumes for demanding clients, this is the printer you need.
- Very high standards for scratch and UV resistance, limiting the need for lamination on many substrates
- Smooth, uniform print surface allows for a wide variety of lamination modes
- Ultra-low VOCs make the Colorado perfect for health sensitive environments
- Non-evaporation technology with low heat curing limits the risk of deformation on even heat-sensitive media
- Unprecedented automation of media handling with dual-roll media feeding feature and industrial-grade integrated cutter
- Refill-while-printing ink system for uninterrupted production
- Auto-adjustment of media step to prevent banding
- Controlled winding-in or out system for neat print output delivery
- Intuitive touchscreen interface for immediate feedback about printer and job status
- Maximum speed 159 m2/hr
- Print resolution up to 1800 dpi
- Automatic maintenance saves operator time and boosts productivity
- Roll width up to 1625mm
- Media thickness up to 0.8mm
For more information on the Océ Colorado or for a quote, call the Perfect Colours sales team on 0845 680 9000 or make an appointment to see it in action at our new Innovation Centre in Sheffield.