You can’t print without ink – but does it really matter which ink you put into your printer? Well, despite what your mate has been telling you down the pub, yes, it does. There are an awful lot of myths doing the rounds about the difference between proprietary inks such as Original HP ink and cheap imitations. But if you want the best possible print quality, be warned…
10 myths about printer ink you shouldn’t believe
- Non-HP cartridges are just as reliable as Original HP cartridges. No, they’re not.
- Non-HP cartridges produce as may pages as HP cartridges. This just doesn’t happen. They’re cheaper for a reason.
- Ink dries out if you don’t print on a regular basis. Not Original HP ink.
- Non-HP inks perform just as well as Original HP inks. They can’t – they don’t have the HP technology behind them.
- Non-HP cartridges are better for the environment, because they are remanufactured. In fact, HP are the environmental choice.
- Non-HP cartridges won’t hurt your printer. Only HP cartridges have been designed to be best for your printer and using non-HP cartridges could cause damage and seriously shorten the life of your printer.
- Non-HP ink cartridges save you money. They might be cheaper to buy but they don’t last as long and you’ll compromise the quality of your work. Add in the cost of repairs and the saving becomes a loss.
- The ink cartridge is simply a container holding ‘coloured water’. No. HP’s high-tech inks are anything but coloured water!
Using inks that have been designed specifically for your printer has a number of advantages:
- They’ve been designed to work first time, every time.
- HP are tested to give a print that has consistent protection against UV light and the environment for which it is designed. This is not the case for non-HP inks – these prints will fade.
- You’ll be able to produce high quality prints you can take pride in.
- HP ink cartridges are the environmental choice – they’ve been designed with the planet in mind for easy recycling and less waste.
To make sure you buy genuine Original HP Ink, call our sales team on 0845 680 9000 or order online from the Perfect Colours website.